Sunday, March 22, 2009

A choosing Begger

Before I begin, I have to write something to vouch for myself. When I pass by someone and they ask for money I will usually donate some, just because you never know, that may be the person that actually needs the money and you may be helping them out. Even if I have been fooled ninety nine times and then one person really needed it, well its worth it for me to help one out of 100 people.

That being said:
I was walking out of the dollar store today when a woman approached me. I had gone there for a teapot and so I had only brought change with me, had very little money on me. This woman shows me a peice of paper that wrote something along the lines of "i am a single mother please give me money so that I can feed my children." Luckily, as she forced me to read this, all of my valuables were in my front pocket, so I knew no children were comming up behind me to pick pocket me. I gave her ...1.35. It's always the reactions that people give me afterwards that makes me certain if they are genuine or not. She began to beg me for five dollar bills, to which I told her I had only change on me because I went to the dollar store. She tried still to convince me that she deserved five dollars to feed her family. Eventually she gave up or realized I was telling the truth and walked away.

If she really did have children, they would have pickpocketed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment